Sunday, December 14, 2008

Arraial D'Ajuda in Bahia - Land of capoeira, capetas, caipirinhas & beach, beach, beach...

I won't be going to Salvador (pictured above), which was Brazil's first capital, and the largest city in Bahia. I will instead be in idyllic beaches & islands surrounding Arraial D'Ajuda instead.

Here are some pictures I took of Arraial D'Ajuda and surrounding beaches (eg. Trancoso) in Bahia that I took last time I was there.  I apologise for the poor quality, at the time I had a 2 megapixel camera with a 32MB card (so took photos in the lowest quality/resolution)! 

(click to enlarge)

For those who are wondering, the guy is making 'Caldo de Cana' with that contraption, which is Sugar Cane juice, delish with a dash of freshly squeezed lime & ice...mmmm...

So yes, a lot of sun, sea, coconuts (I love sipping the juice fresh from the green young coconuts), cocktails made with cachaca, bahaiana food (moqueca, biju), capoeira, night markets...ooh, am too excited!

10 comments:

  1. these are absolutely gorgeous pictures, the colours are so bright! i want to go there, it seems like everything is so alive! i love cities like that, they are such a joy to be in, they make you feel so energetic and vivacious just by being there.

    i hope you are having the best of times! spending big, and having so much fun! i'm sure you are, and i'm very jealous of the lovely weather im sure you're having. right now it is pouring rain in sydney and very windy. the weather is so weird, you don't want to be back here at all haha.

    hope you are well, and that as christmas is approaching you are eating loads of yummy things and wrapping presents and pulling cracker and all of those things!
    XXX

    ps. i gave you an award... you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks heavenly! The water is so pretty...I hope you're having fun. xx

    P.S. I left you a pair of awards on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo jealous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your holidays seem so heavenly, i am happy to read and see that !!!
    i love the big pastel dresses of women in the street !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, soak up some extra sun for me! It looks gorgeous there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing.... hope you're having fun! And Merry X'Mas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!

    Have lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hope your having a wonderful time! it looks so wonderful. I have to admit, im a bit envious of your travel... maybe one day i can afford to travel the world. Lovely photographs as well and although this is much past due merry christmas and looking forward, have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete