Sunday, December 7, 2008

Buenos Aires - Here we come!




Right about now hubby & I should have arrived in Buenos Aires, where we will spend 5 days & 4 nights. I am so excited, and am brushing up on the Spanish I studied for a year 12 years ago (yikes! As if my rusty Portuguese wasn't bad enough...)

Here are some of the things I plan to do whilst in Buenos Aires:
  1. Check out Palermo (markets & area) and Recoleta (markets & area)

  2. High Tea at Hotel Alvear (maybe on the 8th of December, which is hubby's b'day, what better place to have a birthday cake?) - My mother highly recommends doing so, and has 'reminded' me several times to include it in my 'to do list whilst in Buenos Aires'.

  3. Shop down Avenida Alvear - The street is not only famous for the most exclusive representatives of haute couture, but also for old residences and small palaces, and stretches 7 blocks, that's a lot of shopping!

  4. Check out Calle Florida & Galerias Pacifico, Palermo & Palermo Viejo (thanks Grazi for your excellent tips!), where I should find a lot of leathergoods & Argentinian goods/designers.

  5. Markets of San Telmo & Recoleta - thanks to Kira & Claudia for the tips, am looking forward to this, as I love 'feiras', especially when laden with exquisite jewellery.

  6. Watch a Tango (and if possible, try it myself, haha!)

  7. Eat 'carne parillada' (grilled meats) with lots of chimichurri sauce.

  8. Visit Plaza de Mayo (Evita, Evita!)

  9. Explore Recoleta & visit 'El cemiterio' where Evita was buried (sounds morbid, but it I hear it's an incredible place)

  10. Go to Cafe Tortoni - a 150 year old cafe full of history & music.

  11. Visit the incredible colourful arquitecture of El Caminito (in La Boca, where there is also great Tango).



Hasta luego!

15 comments:

  1. oi!!! curta suas férias de montão e depois conta tudo! bjs, querida, e boas festas!!!
    ps. acho que vc vai adorar as feiras de buenos aires... e a av. alvear (so chic!). ah, café tortoni vale a visita, sim - é lindo! see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey that was a fun post to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eso que te diviertas!!

    Te robare algunas cosas de tu wishlist para hacer en BS ahora en enero que me vaya para alla!

    Saludos:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely as always!!

    Please make texts bigger...I think I'm getting old and might need glasses--hehe!

    Thank you and have a wonderful holiday!

    Keep us posted!!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh let us know how you go with the tango!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the streets look so colorful! Have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. am crazily envious! have a BLAST!

    x
    melisa
    http://www.lifestyledissected.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buenos Aires deve ser superinteressante, bem mais do que muitas cidades brasileiras (eh o q eu ouvi da boca de proprios amigos brasileiros), portanto, aproveite bastante a estadia, e tomara q consiga fazer tudo da lista. Bjs!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH! The colours are beautiful! How I dream of travelling to places with such vistas! Have a great time!

    (don't think I've ever commented here before, or maybe just once, but love your posts and outfits!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so wonderful and colorful! I hope you have a great time.
    P.S. Thank you so much for the award below. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like alot of fun you'll be having. Hope you'll have a great time over there =)
    Curious, How well can you speak spanish or should I say is it easy to learn? im always hoping to learn it, but im pretty sure I dont have the talent for it... =(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I've been wanting to go to Buenos Aires for a long time now! You're so lucky you'll be going there, take lots of and show us, pretty please! :)

    Love the pictures you posted, the colors of the buildings are just magnificant (sp)! :D

    xoxo,
    S-C

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to go to Buenos Aires, hope i can make it soon, meanwhile have a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello everyone! Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I had an absolute blast in Buenos Aires, and I did most things on my 'to do list' (not the tango show though, but I am saving that for my last night there, when I leave back to Australia, as I have one more night in Buenos Aires after my 3 1/2 wks in Brasil). I am itching to post about it all, but can't upload my pictures! :( And they're SO cool! Il Caminito was so cute & colourful! Anyway, won't say too much or there won't be much to write about it in my next Buenos Aires post ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shoot! I wish I had read this post earlier! How was tea at the Alvear Palace? Last time I was in Buenos Aires I ate dinner at La Bourgogne (in the basement of the Alvear) and the head chef came out to our table to fix our meal right in front of us.

    ReplyDelete