Thursday, September 15, 2011

New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2012: Pt 6 - 3.1 Phillip Lim, Donna Karan & Alexandre Herchkovitch


3.1 Phillip Lim

Here's a confession: I was disappointed with Thakoon's collection, being that I'm not a fan of paisley to begin with, so the bright colours with big paisley prints did not appeal to me (shame, as I am usually a Thakoon fan). I did however, love Phillip Lim's collection. By being so understated, simple, clean with fresh pastel-blocking...it packed more of a punch than many other collections shown at NYFW:













Alexandre Herchkovitch

Another departure from what most people associate with his designs, Alexandre went more 'girly' this season:




Donna Karan

How gorgeous is that orange wrap/cardigan? The leather version is also so inviting:



style.com

8 comments:

  1. I love Philip Lim's collection! It's clean and beautiful!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3.1 Phillip Lim was so sick this season! Cool blog; now following :)

    Check out mine and follow back if you can: http://www.babablogweb.blogspot.com

    -Balkis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful black Phillip Lim dress and I love Alexandre Herchkovitch´s dress with the bow.. so cute!

    Happy Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm totally in love with Phillip Lim's collection, such a soft milky-colours, one of my favourite collections so far.

    xxx
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 3.1 Phillip Lim collection makes me crave for summer again so badly - and it barely hasn't ended yet! Love the 3rd Donna Karan look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. agreed! I'm loving phillip lim this season

    ReplyDelete
  7. phillip lim was my favourite of the season hands down. everything about it was so fresh and light - the colours, the cuts, the materials.. love it!

    X

    ReplyDelete