Thursday, November 10, 2011

David Szeto Autumn/Winter 2011 - A Touch of Hollwood Western Glamour


Ah, David, how I've missed you...

I had been checking your website and blog for the past few months, hoping for updates...and at last! It was definitely worth the wait...I love your Hollywood Western inspired collection. Ever present are the beautiful shirring, pleats and draping that I love, feminine pieces in jerseys, wools and silk cut on the bias, moving beautifully with the wearer (and I still cannot get over how inspired the 'moving model' is on your website).

Loved the narrow shoulders and looseness around the hips in the dresses, coats and jackets. As a fan of kimonos, of course I fell head-over-heels over the floral Japanese kimono prints, and the supersized scarves were absolutely brilliant as multipurpose shawls, ponchos and wrap skirts!

I'm so glad you're back!


This is one of my favourite pieces of the collection, the draped piece can be worn belted as shown, or thrown over the shoulder, love the contrasting colours and draping!

Love the contrasting white lining and buttons, the alpaca 'fur' sleeves afford beautiful texture to this coat, and the fabric itself looks so luxurious...

I don't know which colourway I love more, this gorgeous red or the first 'grey' (purpley grey to me), I'd love this red dress with a purple/grey belt!


Love that poncho/shawl and its trimming!

Look at that brilliantly interwoven belt (under and over the draping fabric pleated by the shirring above it). LOVE THIS!


Ah, this coat...love the zip trimmed hem of this coat.

The detailing on the shoulders, neckline and hem are just beautiful...

via www.david-szeto.com

PS. Don't forget to enter my Peut-être Magazine giveaway HERE everyone...

5 comments:

  1. Super photos! I'M very happy, that I found you blog! have a nice day :)

    http://stylishfox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos! The layering in each outfit is gorgeous. <3

    xoxo
    Meera

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the awkwardly belted dresses, looks so high fashion
    such a simple change can make such a hue difference
    STYLE DECORUM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elles sont tres belles les photos!

    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. godd. i love every.single.piece of the collection. The red dress is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete