Friday, June 14, 2013

My Dries Van Noten gold cluster ball necklace


Remember this post asking for your help in deciding what colour Dries Van Noten necklace to buy? Well, I went for the gold, and am so glad I did!  As soon as I first laid eyes on pictures of this necklace being worn on the runway, I fell head over heels in love with it, am still kicking myself for hesitating about which ring to get, as I of course, missed out as they sold out like hotcakes.  

The collection took inspiration from Belgian sculptor Pol Bury's work.  Most of his monumental and public artwork consists of stainless steel, grouped, monumental balls.  The fountain in the garden of the Palais Royal in Paris, resembling a smattering of large silver beads, was reflected as a motif in Van Noten’s gold and silver necklaces, shoe decoration, rings and bracelets.  I snapped some pics on my iPhone so I could add to my 'Stylebook' app (just got this yesterday), so thought I'd share them here:

 pics via ilovebelgium.com, my own pics and my shots from DVN's Lookbook.

I'm in the process of listing some jackets (Sass & Bide, Willow, Burberry and Chloe) for sale in my 'store', will update when it's all done.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

xx

3 comments:

  1. Love this necklace so much! It's such a statement and not everyone can pull it off! xx

    ReplyDelete