Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Country Road, take me home...I sure did!


I was just looking at my Instagram feed tonight, and realized that I seem to be a walking sitting ad for Country Road! When I first received their lookbook as an email subscriber, I knew my wallet was in trouble.  I managed to bypass womenswear (I know, shock horror!), but fell hard for their 'Home' range.  With its heavy Scandinavian flavoured homewares range in delectable pastels, and childrenswear with polkadots, gingham and chambray (and a lot of Stella McCartney Kids inspired designs) I already started shopping in my head.  Luckily (or not - for my wallet), they had a 'Spend and Save' deal a few weeks later, and I'm afraid the pictures below only shows a small portion of the damage done:

My new 'china' seems right at home with my midcentury Danish y-chair by Hans Wegner.  Got some cute clothes for my daughter, all of which I would've loved to ask: "Does this come in my size"?
 I love the beautiful pinks that have been prevalent in the sartorial world lately, but it isn't a colour I wear often myself.  Now I get to use it everyday without wearing a stitch of pink!
Polkadots are something else I don't really wear, but find oh so cute!
Lef to right: Nars Yachiko brush, Giorgio Armani Rouge D'Armani, Nars blush duo (obviously I use this a lot!) in Orgasm/Laguna.
Iced latte anyone?
 Last week I picked up a slice of my favourite Argentinian cake, called the 'Felicia Special' it is heaven on a plate, consisting of alternating layers of vanilla sponge, fresh whipped cream, sliced peaches and fresh meringue...oh yeah!
Also got myself some Alfajores while I was at Delicias Argentinas, enjoyed them while revisiting an old issue of Peut-être magazine (Issue 6)
What I wore last Friday: Celine Bam Bam sandals, Aurelie Bidermann Love Ring (available at Shopbop), Balenciaga Bow Ring (I bought from Matches Fashion), Benah cuff, Celine navy Trio bag  (available here) and Country Road polkadot pouch.

Did anyone else partake of the 'spend and save' deal? This was my first time (I usually ignore those emails), and am now trying really hard to resist the 'buy 2 get 1 free' deal! 

Twitter + Facebook + Peut-être magazine (Fashion Writer and Editor) + Instagram + Bloglovin' + Shop my Wardrobe

2 comments: